As much as i'm a procrastinator.. I am even more of a go-getter! Within
a week and half, I found a new job and a place to live in Salt Lake City, Utah! A city that is completely foreign to me, although the state of UT is not. After deligently driving around SLC everyday for the past week and half - handing my resume to countless banks and credit unions - last tuesday I walked through the front doors of a large architectural firm in salt lake city, without an appointment, and requested to submit a resume for hire. Needless to say, two days later, I landed a Project Assistant position. With good pay and full benefits! I am beyond thrilled! I will be working directly with the Architecture department as well as the Interior Design department. This sort of position is somewhat of "a needle in a haystack", especially within the design industry in today's economic crisis.
Words can not even express how blessed i feel!
The pictures below are of our cute new place!
the front of our place (the second half of a duplex)
our BIG backyard with a yummy apple tree (this is only half of the yard!!!)
front entry/ living room
kitchen (there's a stove that you can barely see)
but there is NO microwave or dishwasher.. uhhh.. wish us luck


bedroom #1 & #2 and bedroom #2's closet (only two of those walls are green.. soon to be painted)

the basement- master bedroom (sorry no pictures were taken of the bedroom) but here is the master bath and walkin closet.
the basement great room/ laundry room... we're going to use it as an extra hang out room
It's a tiny and cozy 3 bedroom 2 bath place in SugarHouse. Its nothing fancy, but has LOTS of potentional. WE LOVE IT!!!!
P.S Dont ask us how mush we pay for rent.. you'd be jealous that you didnt snatch this place first- SUCKAS!!!!
How cute! I will be following your blog!!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo!
ReplyDeleteYou are kinda doing the same job I do ya know. Except you are in Utah, and probably aren't allowed to wear shorts and flip flops to work.
YES!!! it's totally a cute little house! I love the old charm is has. Congrats on landing the awesome job too! way to go.
ReplyDeleteWOW Betty!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Talk about being looked out for!!
ReplyDeletecongrats betty! your house looks awesome! have fun!
ReplyDeletethank you to all! I feel beyond blessed! and keep in mind that you have a place to stay if you happen to be in my neck-of-the-woods! <3 you all!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! What a lucky girl! Have so much fun in SLC! Maybe we will be able to see eachother more know that you live there? Miss your face!
ReplyDeleteHow fun for you! It is amazing what happens when you get out there and make a life! I wish you the very best! My mom grew up in Sugarhouse. Excellent adventures await!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Betty!! I can't wait to come up and see your new place! It looks Super cute!! :0) And we don't live that far away from each other now. :0) <3
ReplyDelete